|September 17 2011|
Pledges can be as little as $5 or as much as $100,000. You’ll be surprised at how the small ones add up. All gifts are tax deductible. Instructions for collecting pledges are posted below.
GETTING PLEDGES IS EASY!
Ask your friends, coworkers, family members, and anyone else who might be willing to support affordable housing and support services for homeless people in Gallup.
Entry fee is $66 (plus donations) per rider. This can be paid by the rider or raised through pledges. All riders bringing in $150 or more in pledges will receive a coffee mug.
Sign in is at 8:00 am.
All rides will be supported with food and drink stops as well as basic repair supplies such as tubes, tires, air, etc.
Please note: roads will not be closed for this event. You will be responsible for following normal rules of the road and are responsible for your own safety.
Waivers will be distributed for signing prior to the ride.
Downloadable Printable Instructions for Collecting Pledges
Instructions for Collecting Pledges
1. While you may certainly opt to pay the minimum entry fee ($66) or more yourself, we strongly encourage you to collect pledges. This helps make more people aware of CARE 66, usually results in a larger donation and helps us help more people. And at the heart of it, that is what this event is really all about.
2. Ask as many friends, relatives, co-workers, neighbors, church members, etc to pledge for you as you can. Even donations of $5 add up. Do encourage pledgers to make larger donations if they are able.
3. You can get pledges for each mile you ride (ex: 50c/mile X 100 miles= $50), but it is usually easier to have them pledge a flat amount for the ride—anything from $5 to $100,000 (or more) is acceptable and appreciated.
4. You can collect the pledges before the ride (and bring the money with you the day of the ride) or after the ride. Either way, record ALL pledges on the pledge sheet and bring the pledge sheet with you the day of the ride. We will make a copy and return it to you. This will enable us to send acknowledgements to all donors (for tax purposes) and to track donations that are mailed to us or made on-line. Be sure to record names, addresses, amount collected and date collected.
5. There are three ways a pledger can pay. We will send receipts to all donors after the payment is received.
· Cash—collect the cash, record the amount and date on the pledge sheet, and bring it with you on the day of the ride.
· Checks—made payable to CARE 66. You can collect and bring these, or the donor can mail them to CARE 66, PO Box 4298, Gallup, NM, 87305. Ask them to indicate “Mother Road Bicycle Classic” and YOUR NAME on the check memo.
· Credit Card—this must be done on-line by going to www.care66.org (http://www.care66.org/Donations.asp). They MUST be sure to designate their donation to Metric Century. Be sure to record these pledges on the pledge sheet so we know what and who they are for when we receive them.
6. PLEASE BE SURE TO RECORD ALL PLEDGES COMPLETELY ON THE PLEDGE SHEET AND BRING PLEDGE SHEETS AND DONATIONS COLLECTED SO FAR WITH YOU ON September 17, 2011.
7. If you have any questions call (505) 722-0066. Be sure to leave your name and phone number if you get the machine and we will get back to you.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING CREATE OPPORTUNITIES TO END HOMELESSNESS
HAVE A GREAT RIDE!!
CARE 66 2011 Pledge Sheet
Please record all pledges on this sheet. Bring this pledge sheet with you when you check in on September 17. We will make a copy and return it to you. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE GET A COPY! All donations are tax deductible. We will mail receipts to all donors once the money is received. Questions? Call (505) 722-0066.
CARE 66 Mother Road Bicycle Classic Registration Form:Please mail your registration by September 13, 2010 to:
Mother Road Bicycle Classic, CARE 66, Box 4298, Gallup, NM 87305.